Dr Tai Cheng Yang
Experience and Research:
Dr Tai Yang obtained his PhD degree at the control system centre, UMIST in 1987. He joined the University of Sussex in 1990 and became a Reader in Computer and Control Engineering in 1999. He had ten-year industrial experience before his academic career. His current research interests are: Networks and control, Power system control and wind power generation, and Control theory and applications in general. Dr Yang’s particular strength is multi-discipline applications. Recently, his novel idea and research on Embedded Energy Storage for high penetration of wind power has attracted wide attention. He has been invited to attend a Parliamentary Reception at the House of the Lords and has been selected as a member of “Energy Mission” to Israel sponsored by the UK government and other organisations.
Publications: 144 items by the end of 2011, among them 59 are journal papers. Papers have been published in:
· IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
· IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology
· IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
· IET Proceedings: Control Theory and Applications
· IET Proceedings: Communications
· IET proceedings: Renewable Power Generations
· IET proceedings: Science, Measurement and Technology
· IET Proc. Generation, Transmission and Distribution
· Int. J. of Electric Power and Energy Systems
A list of selected publications can be found from the University official staff Web page.
BEng (Year 3) / MEng (Year 4) / MSc Project
Feedback from various project students: “Working under Dr Yang is enjoyable and rewarding”, “Although you are a busy person, but you always managed time for us”…… A 2006 Christmas card from a student reads: “To Dr Yang, …… Thank you again for your support of my final year project in 2004, ……”