Field: Cognitive Science,
incorporating methodologies from Philosophy, Artificial Intelligence and
Research Group: Founder
of the E-Intentionality
Issues/Areas of interest:
See my statement of research interests on the E-Intentionality
PRESENT, ONGOING & FUTURE
- Deadline: 10 Nov 2003. Writing, with Aaron Sloman and
Matthias Scheutz, an invited paper entitled "The architectural basis
of affective states and processes", for inclusion in Fellous, J. and
Arbib, M. (eds) Who needs emotions?: The brain meets the
robot. Oxford University Press, Autumn 2003.
- Deadline: 17 Nov 2003. Writing an invited paper on
non-conceptual content for the journal Ágora's special
issue commemorating the 20th anniversary of the publication of Gareth
Evans' The Varieties of Reference (editors Juan José
Acero and Manuel de Pinedo Garcia).
- Deadline: 01 Jan 2005. Writing a book on the prospects
for a scientific account of consciousness through conceptual change
brought about by designing and interacting with artificial agents.
Provisional title: Synthetic Experience.
- Writing an invited review of Principles of Cognition, Language
and Action, by Nini Praetorius.
- Re-implementing the Connectionist Navigational Map in Pop-11
using the SimAgent Toolkit.
- Compiling a Bibliography
of Non-Conceptual Content.
Friday, May 17th, 2002