Members of my research team and I are working in the wider area of applied partial differential equations, including modelling, analysis and numerics. More specifically, we are working on
- Kinetic and mean-field models for many-agent systems in socio-economics, e.g. wealth distribution and opinion formation in human societies
- Structure-preserving variational discretisations of nonlinear partial differential equations with a Wasserstein gradient flow structure
- High-order compact finite difference methods
- Dimensional splitting methods for nonlinear partial differential equations
- Higher-order nonlinear partial differential equations
- Computational finance
- Optimal control of partial differential equations
- Models for pricing financial derivatives
Do you want to know more..?
I am a member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Computer Mathematics.
News & Events:
- Fully funded 3 1/2 year PhD studentship on Partial Differential Equations Modelling Collective Behaviour, UK and EU applicants only, deadline 31 March 2019
- Minisymposium Anisotropic variational models and partial differential equations, 9th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2019), 15-19 July 2019, Valencia, Spain
- Minisymposium Recent advances in PDE models describing emergent behaviour and collective dynamics, British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2019, 24-26 April 2019, University of Bath, UK
- Workshop on Gradient flows:challenges and new directions, 10-14 September 2018, International Centre for Mathematical Sciences (ICMS), Edinburgh, UK
- SIAM News Blog post Partial differential equations model political segregation
- Our research on modelling opinion formation and other emergent phenomena is covered in a new article in Plus magazine!